Saturday, January 23, 2010

Cribs, bibs, and pacies OH MY!! How to overwhelm a mother to be!

  Will and I actually had a day off (or at least a part of a day off) together. With hectic schedules we decided to get into looking at what we wanted for our little one a little early to give us plenty of time.  School can get in the way sometimes and we want to have everything ready for when squirt arrives.

   We decided after a yummy lunch at Cici's 4.99 all you can eat pizza buffett (i find pizza of any kind is one of my predominant cravings along with Gatorade Frost Glacier Freeze.) that since we were over by babiesrus we would just go in and "window shop" MYYY GOODNESS are there so many choices!!! From 80 different kinds of bottles to what is the best spoon to feed your kid with! I find some of it really unnecessary, but the only thing we were really looking at solidly was a crib.  You know it would be really easy to go overboard and think you have to get all of this crap for your child so it was hard to really stay focused.  I would like to stay a minimalist PLEASE! Any suggestions on what i actually need and don.t need from experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated.


  I think that I have been getting a little weary with all of the unsolicited suggestions of this is a must have, you have to read this book blah blah blah.......I do appreciate advice and will take it with a greatful heart ALWAYS! but i have always been one to go by real world types of experiences...like asking my mom and my grandma and all of the women whom I know and trust what worked for them. Bending the ears of the strong women at my church and Asking then what their experiences were like. or even the women at kidzalat who take such good care of all of my favorite babies whom i miss so much!  I hate things so impersonal such as just some book. I read enough books already with school. I am reading what to expect when you are expecting, so i am not just disregarding it totally.  I know i have to come at it from all angles but why is it necessary for me to read 1000 books on parenting... I guess i just am not that kind of mother.  I have always learned better by doing and watching than reading. 





   Anyway, we picked out a crib and it was out of stock. CINDY TO THE RESCUE. She found it online and ordered it for us. It will be shipped directly to our house before the warehouse in va even gets it back in stock! We have been looking for themes for our nursery even though we have not  found out the sex yet.  Will fell in love with a very neutral monkey design, and with the twinkle in his eye, how was I to say no to the love of my life?  So for now it will be monkeys/jungle/jungle animals and if it is a girl they have pink monkey stuff to give it that girlyness that it would need. Our little monkey it will be!



  We did end up registering for some things. We are staying gender neutral only on the carseat and stroller so that we can use those again, but once we find out the sex we are game for any generosities that come our way. On that note i would like to thank Kelly and His lovely wife as well as little miss Lucy for so generously giving us an entire box of diapers to get started with! Along with that some burping cloths,  a couple unused pacifiers and unused playtex nursing bottles! Perfect since we will be breast feeding! For now unless our little monkey revolts, we are going to be using the playtex line of bottle products.  I find if hillarous that the diapers kelly gave us just happen to have  monkeys on them! I guess it was meant to be. Who am I to fight it.

  and finally! I have had worse nausea this week than any other time in my 13 weeks. Not really anything coming up, just sick is all.....Phenergan is the new love of my life!


0 comments: