Friday, January 15, 2010

The real adventure for us is only in the making.



   Hi! This is my first blogging attempt as a soon to be mommy.  At current moment I am 12 weeks pregnant with our little monkey.  Will and I can not even describe the feelings that we have and are overjoyed with the thought of caring for our little squirt.  It may have not been the best timing, but when will it ever be? We do the best we can with the blessings that God has given us, and fortunately we are blessed with amazing family and friends who have voiced their desire to support us through the next year until I graduate from school in December.  Even with all the nay saying from people who don't understand or can not fathom managing a child and other tasks at the same time...I WILL graduate rest assured.

A little background on what is currently going on in our lives besides this little bundle of  joy....



William is a week into the second semester of his first year of law school.  His grades are good and he is working hard to make them better.  He tries to use his legal jargon on me, but it doesn't work.  He is currently working two jobs. He works part time in the music library at the University of Richmond, and we are very thankful for Jen (our roommate) for getting will a job within the County of Chesterfield working with the youth in the gym at Gordon Elementary School making sure they stay safe.  You should see his funny little county vest he has to wear...so cute.  He also has a successful ebay project that he does on the side selling discs for digital piano players. This really helps make ends meet.



 I am currently in my Psychiatric/Mental Health rotation  in Nursing school, and it is challenging to say the least.  My teacher is just nutty as a fruitcake, but she really has a heart for Psych and conveys her material well.  I won't be giving meds for this semester, but I will get to sit a talk with some very interesting people who are different yet the same as you and I.  This is the third semester for me, and I will have one more semester to finish after our little one arrives.  Unfortunately, I had to quit my job with the daycare center. I really miss all of my children and the friends I made withing my year of working for them.  I was touched at the reaction of the owner on my last day, and it really made me feel that I was an important member of the team at Kidzalat.  I am still working in the Emergency Department at CJW Medical Center's Chippenham Campus.  I love my job and most of the people that I work with! My job is never dull, and there is always something interesting going on even if it just involves people watching in triage.  I always wonder what new and exciting thing will happen next.


Thanks for checking us out and I hope to update as much as my time allows.

Melissa, William, and Squirt Miller
 

0 comments: