Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'm a TKD Mommy!



This is all of the belts that i have acquired over almost 3 years of training in Martial arts. There is only one belt missing. My 1st Degree Blackbelt.


As part of my blackbelt examination i have to break boards. I broke one with my hand before i got my Whitebelt in october of 2007, and yesterday at my blacktip test (for my bo-dan) I  broke one with a sidekick. Nothing feels better than breaking a board with your foot especially when you are preggo!

So April 24th 2010 I will be earning my 1st degree blackbelt. After all the work i have put into it, I am so ready! I want to thank all of the wonderful staff and support at Dong's Studio of Harbour Pointe in Midlothian. Master Dickens, Instructor Baber, Instructor Robinson, and Instructor Caughey for pushing me so hard, and also for looking out for the pregnant lady :)

(again if anyone is concerned for my safety..... have no fear these folks make sure i stay out of harms way. i am on light duty! Just enough to get a good work out and learn my forms, combinations, and onesteps!)


In other news Mr Carlisle, who is one of my dearest friends, was excited to announce my little bundle of joy to the congregation at church this morning. He has done so much for me so willingly throughout my life. His daughter is married to my cousin Michael and we all have been dear friends since as long as we can remember.  He tells me all the time that I am like a daughter to him. He was my sunday school teacher when I was in middle school and I thank him for the spiritual guidance he has given to me! I don't think anyone else would have been more appropriate! 


 



Hot Text - http://www.sparklee.com

0 comments: